Taking Space is a 10-step problem-solving roadmap for individuals, couples and counselors to follow for relationships that are stuck, unfulfilling or in crisis. The 10 Steps guide you through managing your anger and conflict, while helping you design a separation that works for you and your relationship and children. One type of separation does not fit all. Choose from a menu of separations, including: in house; brief; trial; therapeutic cooperative/collaborative; pre-divorce and more. All separations do not end in divorce. Learn from other couples’ stories how to negotiate the terms and ground rules of a separation in a positive and proactive way so as to learn the most from one of the most difficult periods in your life.
I can show you how to design a separation that fits your relationship issues. Information and education can help you lessen the drama, emotion and increased conflict that come when you are thinking about a separation or are already separated. Your family and children are too important!
Call now to discuss setting up phone consultations and coaching.
Experience Counts When You Need It Most!
The Separation Agreement helps you clearly define expectations and terms of what you will be working on during the separation as individuals and as a couple.
The Separation Agreement covers topics such as:
- Initial Purpose(s)/Goals of a separation
- Type(s) & Length of Separation
- Sharing and Caring for Children
- Maintaining the “business of family” during separation
- Expectations of partners during separation period
- Evaluation and decision-making at the end of the specified separation period
One of the key components to effective separation, it is often the most neglected aspect of a separation.
Before You Break up or Divorce – Take a “Pause” and Consider Your Options
- How to help yourself if you are in a crisis NOW
- Stop Conflict NOW
- 5 Steps of Anger Management
- Ground Rules for Talking
- How to measure your Investment & Commitment to your relationship
- Types of Separations:
In-house; Trial; Psychological
- Ground Rules for Separation
- Talking to kids about Separation
- Goals of Separation
Read all 10 Step Topics – Ten Steps to Structure and Manage Your Separation
Buy all 10 or individual steps as CDs/downloads – Read more & Buy the Audio Course
- My workbook is full of information, exercises and skills, and designed to follow the 10 Step Problem-Solving Guide in the book Taking Space.
- Plan coping strategies for anger and conflict management.
- Learn guidelines on how to start listening and validating one another.
- Helps you design what type of separation you want to address and the problems in your relationship.
- The workbook is filled with the same questions, skills and exercises I use in my outpatient counseling practice.
*Includes Separation Agreement – total 40 pages